Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tolerance

I went to court on Monday morning. The judge was supposed to rule on custody and support, but since my lovely ex did not show up for mediation orientation or the actual mediation appointment, the judge sent us back to sign up for another appointment that he may or may not make. FUCK! So now I am waiting another two weeks at the least, to get custody of my kids.
I like that he tries to stay close and I have to see him a lot (I like it this week.) Everything he does is irritating and reminds me of how I no longer have to be tolerant! FUCK YES to that.
There was a big debacle at the house after and the police were here again, but, like I said, I have no tolerance and do not have to. He would not leave was acting in a threatening manner, so he was gentle prompted to leave by a call to Ventura's finest. He is mad, mad, mad, but this is my space and him invading is not acceptable.
I also like the Dad and when he asks me how I am, what can he do for me, what he can do for me. I try to remember if Byron was like that. I try and be different in the fact that I do not take care of everything. I am a capable one woman show, and I am with my kids and home, but in my next relationship I am planning on being less efficient. I feel bad for the Dad being my next relationship. I am so not trusting, fuck Byron, I have to get past that as soon as possible. I like trusting people first and then letting them lose it if they will. It is always better to begin full. I am also a lot less flexible. I think my tolerance will eventually increase once I am further away from the main event. It has been three months, it feels like it has been a few years, I think maybe it has really been that long in terms of having a working relationship. Only snag I am running up against is sometimes the kids get in the way of my new social life. Geez, darn them. It is also positive because they force me to be less involved in any new relationship. I do not like lying, hiding, whatever, but it is not for the kids to be involved in yet. I think, I know, there heads are still spinning from their change in familial status, so a new person is inappropriate at this early stage.
Off to put the babes to bed and bathe for my secret date (that makes me chuckle).

No comments: