Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Our Children

I email all of my address book today the address for http://www.impeachbush.org/. I have never, I mean never really liked the man....I mean anyone who says, "Why is our children not be educated?" does not have enough education to run a huge nation. This last state of the union address has me thinking a lot about him and what can be done. Maybe, probably nothing can be done, but I sure feel better with myself for actually voicing my opinion in hopes that it can make a change. I do not know a lot about politics and have never really been interested, but I am a mother and all of those (an adequate description fails me right now) people who do their job for our country all have or have had a mother at one point. In a sense because of what they are doing and it being for us, we have to be responsible and not let a person who also says "I am the decision maker...", WTF, decide to send thousands and thousands more of our children to a cause that it will not help. Here is a website listing the fatalities since only May of 2003 http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/list.php.
As of today since the war began March 19, 2003, there have been 3084 deaths and the official wounded count is 23,114. It is estimated thought to be much higher a number. The last fatality of an American soldier was killed today. You can look at the list tomorrow to see if there are any then.
We live in a democracy, which in case you all have forgotten means, governed by the people. Please keep that in mind and choose to take some action no matter where you stand on the issue (ok for reals, only if you stand on my side of it, take action, the rest of you sit on your butts, or you could adopt a soldier to make there time over there for you more comfortable).
I am off my soap box now and off to shower. I had the time today surprisingly, but I used it to lay on the couch, read the paper, eat, and watch TV, very, very selfish, I know, but I wanted it, so I had it! Never had much self control and I hope to not really gain much more, I am having way to much fun as it is.

No comments: