Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year's

I have been off of this blog for a long time. I can not even tell you directly what I have been going through. I have done a lot though. My mindset is where it has been for a long time, alone.....
In the beginning of December, my family and I, meaning, Byron, Connor, Molly, my Mom, her husband, my sister, her husband and their four kids went to Park City Utah. The trip did not start out so well because the night before I sat in Juliana's hot tub for ours drinking micro brew beers. It was raining like crazy! Jules and I decided to run to the liqueur store for more beer and hoppedon our bikes. I took my bank card and ID in my pocket. We were so wet when we got home I stripped off my clothes at her house and just jumped in he jacuzzi. At about 4 am, I rolled into my bed and at about 5.30 am, Byron threw me in the shower. We all loaded up and headed to Byron's brother for a ride to the airport. All went ok, I did not throw up or pass out. We arrived at the airport and went to check in..."Can I see you ID?"...Oh shit, my ID was in my pocket of my coat laying on Juliana's bedroom floor in Ventura. Oops, sorry, I do not have one, nor a costco card, bank card, anything with my picture on it, but wait, I have a donor card I wrote my name, maiden name mind you, not the name I bought the tickets under, and my address. OK, mam, we will accept that as ID. Whoa, what about 9/11 and all of the crap, I even made it through special screening with my mouthwash in my purse. I could not have looked any shittier when I checked in than I have ever looked in my life, but I got on and I went to Utah, sans ID of any sort!!! YEAH, that was the best.
I lamented a lot in Utah. You have to go to a liquor store for wine or full strength beer. Very Crappy, next vacation I am not going to a red state. On the other hand, all I had to do to get into bar's without my ID was to pay the person at the door. Do I look that old or are they that depserate?
Great, here and all around me. A huge lack of sleep, for music, dancing, drinking, fires, food and lots of friends, it was the best. I am so happy about how it all went down, too drunk now to type more, the kids are alspee and I am going back next door to hang out by the fire....more later....It seems as if maybe I do not know when, but later.....
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

V said...

I cat believe they let you on the plane! - I mean Im glad for YOU - but WTF! And tell me about the Red States - we are stuck in the heart of it all - Ive been denied beer on many of Sundays.

Sounds like good times...

Anonymous said...

That is nuts they let you on. You couldn't come visit me at my house with that. Lame, huh?