Saturday, March 22, 2008

Emotional Calm

Ok, so I like to think I have emotional calm. Believe me, dear God, I really want it. Where are you, inner calm, so illusive? Why is so much in life in need of attention? Why do I have 8 animals in my care? That little bitch Susamina gets out at every single opportunity. Does she not know coyotes love to suck the marrow out of her small petite bones? Does she not know her boundaries are only for her own good? Damn boundaries. Boundaries interfere with my emotional calm, to tie it in here.....
There is a slight balance to be achieved in life and where does it exist?
I have had one HELL of a week and would appreciate never having one like it again. My emotional calm was challenged.
I did spend the sunset with my family at Emma Wood though and that made life a bit more beautiful.
My firecracker Molly has a fever and snotty noes. I am not sure why (I am assuming undisclosed flu/cold like ailments), but she woke crying a few times last night. I gave her motrin, but she continued to fuss, almost a whiny fake, pay attention to me Mom cry after being asleep for almost a hour. So I put on the Beatles and I sang. I still suck at singing, but I still really like it. I always feel bad for he kid's in my classes with my singing. I enjoy it though, so much, as well as whistling. I enjoy whisting, drumming too, harmonica too, shakers, whatever ends in my hands, making music. Making music was not done in my house when I was raised. We had it in the car, and sometimes on the record player or 8 track, but to make it was not encouraged. So, I digress, but I sang to Molly, and she stopped whatever her whining issue was and lay still and rested, eventually slept, to me, singing the Beatles. She rocked at the beach though (as Beth would say). Today, she had a three hour nap and Molly does not nap. She ran, played shoveled and laid on the rocks like a lizard. Connor and I, and Byron in and out, did s a puzzle while Molly was napping. The darn thing was 300 pieces of the States and their capitals. I re-familiarized myself with it, just in case it comes up sometimes in class.
Going now, to bed, to bath, to play, to visit, to whatever I want because I want to.
Happy Saturday and Happy Easter, to those practicing humans.
Love live the spirit of Jesus Christ!!!

No comments: