Monday, February 12, 2007

I am a singer BABY!

OK, for those of you who know me, this may come as a shock. I have never really done karaoke. I am quite afraid of it. In most ways I am afraid of most things musical because I do not feel very self confident about it. "What?" you say. Jenny not self confident about something, well, "yes", I say, I am terrified of singing in front of people. I realize I may seem very out there and as I am not afraid of much, but I really pushed my own boundaries this weekend. I made it my goal to sing and I did. I sang with Juliana to help me out though and she said she could not hear me because I did not have the microphone close enough to my face, but I was up on the stage in front of everyone. I can totally dance on a stage, but sing...FUCK. It took about 2.5 hours for our act to get called and every time a name was called, I would feel sick to my stomach thinking it was going to be us....so, how did I deal with ti. I downed beer, and as often as possible. I am surprised I was not passed out by the time our turn came around. I do not think I will do it ever again, but I am proud of myself for dragging my ass to that stage even with the twenty pound weights in my shoes. (Yes, it was that hard for me.)

2 comments:

Monkey loves Kitten said...

What was the song? I'm so sorry I missed it!

Layers of Everything said...

I sing everything now. The first time it was Cruisin, but now I sing every weekend! We have a karaoke machine here!